From enGrid Wiki
Custom Builds Linux
(None listed so far...)
Custom Builds Windows
In this chapter are listed the builds that are meant for Windows and which are not officially provided by enGits.
Since enGrid can use ParaView for post-processing, as well use the same VTK and Qt libraries, it makes sense to distribute enGrid versions that are tightly coupled to ParaView releases. These builds and how to install them are described in the following sub-sections.
Builds created for blueCFD
blueCFD is a service package available upon request, of a high quality cross-compiled build version of OpenFOAM® for up-to-date Windows XP, Vista and Seven, both 32 and 64bit, with some additional tweaks, executables and scripts, in order to maintain usability under a Windows environment. It currently also suports the blueCFD-SingleCore project, where most of the open-source code and packages are shared.
Among those packages are custom builds of enGrid which depend on specific builds of ParaView, namely:
- enGrid 1.3.0 32bit dependent on ParaView 3.12.0 32bit
- enGrid 1.3.0 64bit dependent on ParaView 3.12.0 64bit
How to install:
- Download and install the respective ParaView version from here.
- Download the respective enGrid build listed above from blueCFD-SingleCore.
- The packages provided at blueCFD-SingleCore are usually self-extractable only; in this case they will simply unpack their contents to the same folder they were executed.
- Now create a batch file named engrid.bat inside the newly created folder, with the following contents:
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\ParaView 3.12.0;%~dp0 engridThe path C:\Program Files might be different on your installation, since this depends on the path chosen during the installation of ParaView.
- If you have problems creating the batch file, go to Start Menu » Run<tt> and run <tt>cmd.exe. Then created the file by running the following commands:
echo. > engrid.bat explorer .Then you can *move* the newly created file engrid.bat into enGrid's folder and edit it with Notepad.